Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Habits - present and past


I.Use the correct form: present simple, will+inf., present continuous, past simple, would+inf., used to+inf.


  1. I usually get up late, so most mornings, I just …(have) a cup of tea for breakfast.
  2. She ...(go) on holiday to the Bahamas last week.
  3. The factory ...(be) in the city centre but then it was relocated.
  4. We ...(visitSwitzerland four times during the 1970s.
  5. Even when it's freezing cold, some people just ….(wear) jeans and a T-shirt. 
  6. You .... (continually, interrupt)!
  7. I ...(like) tennis, but I don't play much now.
  8. We went back to Dublin to see the house where we ….(live) in the 1960s.
  9. He …(always, play) his music too loud when I'm trying to work!
  10. Whenever we went to my Uncle Frank's house, we ...(play) in the garden. 


Key 
  1. I usually get up late, so most mornings, I just have/will have a cup of tea for breakfast.
  2. She went on holiday to the Bahamas last week.
  3. The factory used to be in the city centre but then it was relocated.
  4. We visited Switzerland four times during the 1970s.
  5. Even when it's freezing cold, some people just wear jeans and a T-shirt. 
  6. You are continually interrupting!
  7. used to like tennis, but I don't play much now.
  8. We went back to Dublin to see the house where we used to live in the 1960s.
  9. He is always playing his music too loud when I'm trying to work!
  10. Whenever we went to my Uncle Frank's house, we would / used to play in the garden.

Taken from:
Advanced Grammar In Use - Martin Hewings - Cambridge


No comments:

Post a Comment