Sunday, May 26, 2013

EXPRESSING WISHES AND REGRETS ABOUT THE PAST - EXERCISES



I.Rewrite the sentences beginning with I wish or If only

1.I'm sorry I didn't book a seat. (I wish …
2.I didn't wake up early and I missed my bus. (If only …
3.I didn't bring a map. (I wish …
4.I'm sorry I ever came to this country. (I wish …  
5.I'm sorry I left my last job. (If only …
6.I didn't stay in my last job. (I wish …
7.I'm sorry you told Jack. (I wish …
8.It's a pity you didn't ask him how to get there. (I wish …
9.I'm sorry we accepted the invitation. (If only …
10.I didn't go shopping. (I wish …
11.I didn't tell them about it. (If only …



KEY TO EXERCISE I

1.I wish I had booked a seat.
2.If only I had woken up early.
3.I wish I had brought a map.
4.I wish I hadn’t come to this country.
5.If only I hadn’t left my last job.
6.I wish I had stayed in my last job.
7.I wish you hadn’t told Jack.
8.I wish you had asked him how to get there.
9.If only we hadn’t accepted the invitation.
10.I wish I had gone shopping.
11.If only I had told them about it.

Taken from: 
   
   1.A Practical English Grammar - Thomson-Martinet - Oxford U.P. - Exercises 1 & 2

      2.Betty Azar - Understanding And Using English Grammar (3Rd Ed) - Advanced - Longman


1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete