Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ADVERBS and Adverb Collocations - New Headway Advanced



I.Complete the sentences with the correct adverb: eagerly, perfectly, severely, conscientiously, interminably, endlessly, distinctly, highly (2x), sorely, deeply;

1.She talks ……… about her problems.
2.Anyone breaking the law will be ……… punished.
3.She speaks ……… of you.
4.The meeting dragged on …………….
5.They …………… accepted my offer of hospitality.
6.I …………… heard someone calling me.
7.I was ……… tempted to complain, but I didn't.
8.It is ………… unlikely that she'll be late.
9.They were ………… disturbed by the accident.
10.She performed all her duties …………….
11.To be ………… honest, I didn't want to go anyway. 





KEY

1.endlessly
2.severely
3.highly
4.interminably
5.eagerly 
6.distinctly
7.sorely
8.highly
9.deeply
10.conscientiously
11.perfectly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment