Saturday, May 25, 2013

FUTURE FORMS - WAYS OF TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE - EXERCISES


I.Put the verbs in the correct future form: will/won’t + inf., be going to + inf., Present Simple, Present Continuous, Future Continuous, Future Perfect Simple or Future Perfect Continuous;

1.I …. (see) my bank manager tomorrow. (I have arranged this.) 
   I'm going to ask him for a loan but I expect he …..(refuse).
2.That glass ….(fall).It’s rolling to the edge of the table.
3.The winter school term …(finish) on 30th March, and the spring term …(start) on 25th April.
4. A: You (do) something for me? ~ B:Yes, of course; what is it?
5. Tom: Where you …..(go) for your next holiday? (Where have you arranged to go?)
    Ann: I don't know yet but we probably …..(go) to Spain.
6. That oak tree still ….(stand) there fifty years from now.
7.A:What you ….(do) when you grow up? ~ B:I ….(be) an acrobat in a circus.
8. I hope they ….(repair) this road by the time we come back next summer.
9.Get out of the building! It sounds like the generator ….(explode).
10. No, I (not tell) you the end! Go on reading and find out for yourself!
11.A: How long you ….(stay) in this country? (Have you decided to stay?) ~ B: Another month.I (go) home at the end of the month. ~ 
     A: What you (do) then? ~ B: I (try) to get a job.
12.A: I'll ring you tomorrow at six. ~ B: No, don't ring at six; I ….(bath) the baby then. Ring later.
13.By 2010, every household …(install) a security alarm system.
14.I imagine the stadium …(be) full for the match on Saturday.
15.Employer: But there are a lot of mistakes in this report, Miss Jones.
     Miss Jones: Yes, I suppose there are. All right, I (type) it again.
16.By the end of next year I ….(work) for him for 45 years.
17.I haven’t got time to discuss it right now. My plane ….(leave) in twenty minutes.
18.A: You (open) the door for me, please? ~ B: Yes, certainly.
19.A: Don't ring at 7.00; she (watch) her favourite TV programme. 
  ~ B: All right. I (ring) at 8.30.
20.Shop assistant: We have some very nice strawberries. 
     Customer: All right. I ….(have) a pound.
21.A: There's someone at the door. ~ B: I ….(go). But I expect it's someone for you.
22.A: Here are the matches: but what do you want them for? ~
     B: I …..(make) a bonfire at the end of the garden; I want to burn that big heap of rubbish.
23.I don’t understand how those marathon runners do it! The race began more than an hour ago. By the time they reach the finish line, they ….(run) steadily for more than two hours. I don’t think I can run more than 2 minutes!


KEY TO EXERCISE I

1.I’m seeing; he‘ll refuse
2.is going to fall
3.finishes, starts
4.will you do
5.Tom: …are you going… Ann: we’ll probably go
6.will still be standing
7.A: … are you going to do…; B: … am going to be …
8.will have repaired
9.is going to explode
10.won’t tell you
11.A: are you going to stay / are you staying; B: am going;
     A: are you going to do; B: am going to try
12.will be bathing
13.will have installed
14.will be
15.Employer: // Miss Jones: I’ll type
16.will have worked / will have been working
17.leaves
18.A:will you open
19.A:will be watching B:I’ll ring
20.Customer:I’ll have
21.I’ll go
22.am going to make
23.will have been running


Taken from: 
   
   1.A Practical English Grammar - Thomson-Martinet - Oxford U.P. - Exercises 2  
      2.Betty Schrampfer Azar - Understanding And Using English Grammar (3Rd Ed) - Advanced - Longman
  

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete